Thursday, January 29, 2009

Photo Editing Software for Photographers


Photoshop CS-4 has expanded into other deep subjects catering to designers, medical, construction and has way more over kill then a photographer needs.
A good example is that I went to the University of Illinois to a two day seminar on CS-3. First of all it wasn't geared to photography in the least bit, but more to graphic arts. By the second day, I was stressed as I was aware of all I had forgotten from the first day. Two other things, it was 14 hours total driving, but it was cheap. All I can say about their program was that upon arriving home, I promptly cancelled a seminar that I had scheduled on Expression Web.
So what's the answer? A good one. Photoshop Elements 6 or 7. Photoshop has expanded it's capabilities towards the photographer. Thank God.



With CS-4 if you don't work with it every day, you rapidly begin to lose your skills, that you so painfully worked to acquire. Not the case with Elements 6 or 7. Plus the Organizer is so much easier than Bridge.



I love Photoshop Elements 7, it easy to work and allows me to do what I want and that's shoot. I don't want to be tied to the computer all the time. Give it some thought and get your ego out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Subscribe in a reader